Days after announcing an outbreak among members of his security detail, Gov. Eric Holcomb has tested negative for the coronavirus.
Holcomb and first lady Janet Holcomb received both an Abbott rapid test and a nasopharyngeal PCR test, and both were negative, according to the governor’s office.
The pair have been in quarantine since Tuesday, the day his office confirmed that members of their security detail had tested positive for the virus.
The governor and first lady will not be tested again for the virus unless they develop symptoms, top state health officials said, but they will finish their 14-day quarantine.
“They will continue their 14-day quarantine and can resume a normal schedule with vigilance about masking and social distancing on Tuesday, Dec. 1,” the release from the governor’s office said.
State Health Commissioner Kris Box previously tested positive for the virus in October. Holcomb was tested at the time, and that test proved negative.
Also on Friday, Holcomb’s campaign announced it was postponing the swearing-in ceremony and other events marking the governor’s reelection.
“While we’d love to celebrate our historic victories together,” Kyle Hupfer, Holcomb’s campaign chairman, said in a statement, “the time just isn’t right to do so.”
IndyStar reporter Lawrence Andrea contributed to this report.